Wednesday, February 10, 2010

When Love Lingers...

(and you wish it wouldn't)

Yes, Valentines Day is almost here and love is in the air. At least it is for our local skunk population. They had a night out on our little town mating, fighting and spraying. The aroma wafted though our streets and was very strong at the school. As I was leaving for work this morning I remember hearing our dog bark but didn't think much of it. That is, until my husband called me. Love had found it's way to our yard and our dog must have chased it under the house. Eddie said our house is nauseating to be in. Even the clothes in our dressers reek. We're going to spend tonight with a relative, which "G" will think is fun. Eddie's taking tomorrow off to take everything to the laundry mat. One friend suggested placing buckets of charcoal around the house, another suggested spraying the furniture with baking soda and peroxide.

I'm hoping the smell hasn't gotten into my books. I had a baby gift sitting on the counter, two little jumpers and camo fishing hats, waiting to be given to friends with twins. Not sure what I'll do with that now.

If anyone has any good tips for this, I would be happy to take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment