Friday, January 8, 2010

Sorry to Mix Food with Politics, but...

I know, food and politics, it's a nauseating combination. Yet food makes all of the difference in health and disease, and our current political climate seems to carry us further away from that notion. I suppose it's the latest autism headline "Diet Has Nothing to do with Autism" being shouted from the rooftops of every major publication that's got my feathers in a bunch. Bottom line: food and drug companies supply alot of advertising dollars to the media. This means we have to dig deeper if we want real facts on nutrition, we simply cannot put our trust in the media. I ran across this little rant, (actually it's quite long) but it fits the current climate quite nicely. It was written in 2005 by Mike Adams, Editor of the NaturalNews.com and it's titled "Where's the health in health care reform?". My own political views, on this and many other matters are usually quite laissez-faire. I believe in empowering yourself with knowledge to make the best decisions you can. This usually has served me well. Maybe you have some comments or rants you would like to share?

By the way, here's the link to the American Academy of Pediatrics study article, it reads very differently than the flurry of headlines would have you believe:

No comments:

Post a Comment