Sunday, February 7, 2010

Elaine's Almond Rocca (SCD)



This is one of Elaine Gottshall's recipes and it can be found here. It's heavenly! I made it for Christmas parties in 2008 and it was a big hit. This website is Jaynette (Gay) Bauer's and has many useful links for SCD recipes.

To make the Almond Rocca, I didn't have sliced almonds. I toasted three cups of whole almonds and pulsed them in my food processor. I used two cups in the recipe and spread one cup on top. I do not have a candy thermometer so I used the old fashioned method. I put a bowl of cold water by the stove. After fifteen minutes of boiling and stirring, then every few minutes I would drop a small amount of mixture into the cold water. When it was crunchy it was ready.

Here's more sweets for your sweet by other bloggers:

Comfy Belly's Sesame Brittle

Straight into Bed Cakefree and Dried's Honey Toffee Lollipops

SCD Recipes has a nice list of candies

Comfy Tummy's Homemade Gummy Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment