Saturday, May 29, 2010

Coffee Panna Cotta (GF)



This is one of the few times I will be posting a GF recipes that is not SCD legal. I love coffee desserts and I've had this idea to try for a couple years now. I thought this months Go Ahead Honey It's Gluten-Free theme would be a good time to post it.

It was not my intent to have it with separate layers. I do not know the culinary science behind why it did this, but I thought it looked cool. If you are a coffee lover I think you'll enjoy this.

Note: This recipe is not SCD legal


2 cups Whipping or Heavy Cream
1 3/4 cups Strong Black Coffee
1/2 cup Rapadura or Sugar (the Rapadura adds a nice depth)
1 teas. Vanilla
2 packets Knox Gelatin

In a medium bowl(I use a 4 cup Pyrex cup), add 1/2 cup of the cream and sprinkle the gelatin on top to absorb. A few minutes later, add hot coffee and stir.

Put the rest of the cream and sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat just until it begins to heat up and melt the sugar. Add vanilla. Pour into coffee mixture. When it has cooled to room temperature, pour into parfait glasses or goblets and chill until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment