Saturday, October 3, 2009

"Mac" and Cheese (SCD)


George Stella is a very creative Low Carb chef. This recipe was adapted from his cookbook "Eating Stella Style". I like my dishes very creamy so I use yogurt made from half and half, but regular yogurt would probably work just fine. His version calls for a little mustard and garlic, so you may want to try some.

1 head Cauliflower, cut into small pieces
3 TBSP Butter
1 cup Yogurt Cream
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper to taste

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a casserole dish.

Steam cauliflower for a few minutes, just until barely tender. Drain well and pour into the casserole dish.

In a saucepan melt butter. Add yogurt and heat through. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until blended. Add cheddar and seasonings. Stir until melted and blended. Pour over cauliflower and bake about 15 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned.

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to get my little guy to (possibly) eat cauliflower! He used to LOVE veggies and then, as it happens with most kids I guess, I decided that for the most part they're "uck." I'll have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with that! Sometimes we just resort to bribes. We do "prize eggs" which are plastic easter eggs with stickers and small prizes in them. But our son does like cheese so it's a great way to try veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic!! I'm going to have to try this. I've always hated cauliflower, but everything tastes good with cheese on it!

    ReplyDelete