Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Asparagus Dip (SCD, GFCF)

This is my fathers recipe. We just spent the last few days in Albuquerque visiting my parents and he served this. A few months ago there was an email touting the benefits of asparagus, which inspired his mission to develop some creative recipes with it. To make a gfcf version, omit the yogurt. For the SCD use fresh or frozen asparagus instead of canned. While I was on this trip I dropped and broke my camera, so my blog may be a bit blah until it's fixed.

1 (12 or 14 oz) can Asparagus, drained or
1 1/2 cups Asparagus, cooked until soft
1 TBSP. Olive Oil
1/4 cup Yogurt
2 fresh Sage leaves
1- 1 1/2 teas. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 clove Garlic

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. No need to cook the canned Asparagus. Serve with crackers.

1 comment: