Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ed's Portobello Burgers (SCD, GFCF)



This is also my submission for the Gluten-Free Homemaker's "Gluten-Free Wednesdays". In addition to Gluten-Free Wednesdays she also hold a monthy gluten-free challenge. The theme for this Wednesday and June is "Create a Burger". If you go to her site and click on her "Monthly Challenge" tab, she has ooodles of Gluten-Free recipes from these challenges. It's like a giant gluten-free recipe source. Very Cool!!!

What ever happened to the "Men's Favorites" section in cookbooks? Why did it go away? I think it would have made more sense to keep that section and add another for "Women's Favorites". We could fill a section with chocolate and jewelry (although I'm much more fond of chocolate).

Here's a grilled He-Man burger for Father's Day. The portobello's make a moist and flavorful bun. These are Eddie's instructions:


Ground Meat for Burgers (season with salt and pepper)
Cheese slices (Optional)
Two Portobello Mushroom caps for each burger

Heat grill to 400 degrees. Form meat into patties. Grill patties and mushroom caps until desired doneness. The mushrooms do best if there is a top shelf. Top with cheese and serve.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm going to try this burger soon.
    -Jeanette
    http://yogurtlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanette, let me know how it goes, I'll let Eddie know.

    Sophie, send some rain to West Texas! I checked out your website, it is so interesting, lots of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a portobello bun. What a great idea! Thanks for joining the carnival. I'm not sure what happened with Mr. Linky, but I straightened it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grilled He-Man burgers!! Love it!! And, I know my particular He-Man (or wait, He-Men, son is 22 after all!), would love these. I can't wait to make them. I'll be looking for the perfect portabellos for the project! :-)

    Thanks, Tracee!

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, thank you and thanks for doing the monthly carnival. It's such a great idea.

    Shirley, I think it's funny how grilled food is something men pride themselves on. Perhaps there's testosterone in the enamel finish.

    ReplyDelete