Monday, May 11, 2009

Chili Powder (SCD)

Many spice and seasoning blends can have starches or other ingredients for anti-caking that are not listed on the label. Making your own spice blends from individual spices is easy. It is also safer if you have sensitivities to some spices or starches. Our son loves the flavor of chili powder, but has a garlic sensitivity, so this blend was made for him.

6 TBSP Paprika
3 TBSP Cumin
2-3 TBSP Oregano, dried,crushed fine
1 TBSP. Coriander, dried
1 teas. Cayenne
1 teas. White Pepper

Combine in a shaker with an airtight lid.

5 comments:

  1. Mrs. Ed, Could you post the brand of some of these spices. I've had a hard time recently finding legal brands. I can't wait to make taco meat again! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many are the brand "Simply Organic". I'm currently out of paprika and I don't remember the brand, I just remember what the tin looks like, I'll add that when I get some.

    ReplyDelete