Monday, August 27, 2012

Recipe Review - Zucchini Pizza Crust from The Gluten-Free Homemaker


I was the blessed recipient of a bag of zucchini and Linda of The Gluten-free Homemaker recently posted a recipe for Zucchini Pizza Crust. Our family is a crispy crust bunch so I added 1 cup of cheese to the crust instead of 1/2 cup. I also salted the shredded zucchini and let it sit in a colander over a bowl for about 45 minutes, then squeezing it to remove some moisture, so I did not add salt to the crust. Instead of tomato/pizza sauce I added 1 minced clove of garlic to 1 tablespoon of olive oil and brushed it on the cooked crust, topping it with cheese and prosciutto. The Booger pulled the topping and cheese off and just ate the crust (that's ok, he's still eating vegetables). Eddie liked how crispy the crust was. Thanks Linda!

4 comments:

  1. sounds amazing! looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caralyn. I noticed you have a lot of SCD veggie recipes on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lovely! I just checked the original recipe over at Linda's blog, and I love your variations. Genius idea... I love pizza but always find it so filling. This is a lighter version with an extra vegie boost. Love it.

    ReplyDelete