Sunday, November 21, 2010

Grain-Free Cranberry Crumb Cake (SCD, GFCF)



This is perfect for dessert, breakfast, brunch or just nibbling. This cake tastes best the next day, when the flavor of the orange zest starts to peek in.

Grain-Free Cranberry Crumb Cake

2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
1/2 teas. Sea Salt
1 teas. Baking Soda
4 Eggs
1/3 cup Oil
1/2 cup Honey
1 TBSP Vanilla
1/4 teas. Almond Extract (optional)
Zest from one medium size Orange or two Clementines
1 1/2 to 2 cups Whole Cranberries

Crumb Topping

1 cup Pecan Meal
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1 1/2 teas. Cinnamon
2 TBSP Honey
2 1/2 TBSP Melted Butter, Ghee or Oil (use oil for GFCF)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 inch Springform pan with parchment paper.

For the cake: Rinse cranberries and pick out any soggy ones. In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl combine all wet ingredients. Stir into almond flour until combined. Stir in orange zest and cranberries. Pour into prepared pan.

For the Crumb Topping: In a small mixing bowl, combine pecan meal, almond flour and cinnamon. In a separate bowl combine honey and melted butter. Pour into pecan meal mixture and combine. Sprinkle on top of cake batter.

Bake about 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick tests fairly clean. Note: I place my springform pan on an aluminum cookie sheet while baking to catch any leakage, this may affect my cooking time.

This post is linked to Momnivore's Holiday Link Party.

4 comments:

  1. Oh My, I am drooling, literally...thanks for the great recipe I am going to make asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake is delicious! My dad made it for me when I went home for Christmas because of my restricted diet, but he liked it so much he's making more just for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christina. It's always nice to get feedback. Cheers to you and your Pa!

    ReplyDelete